Hard to believe it's been a whole year! It was just the four of us on Charlotte's actual birthday, but she was able to celebrate with my side of the family the week before in Utah and we will have her birthday party with all her friends this weekend. At her 12 month check-up she measured 29.5 inches long and weighed 18 lbs. 8.5 ounces. The doctor said she is still a little skinny for her height, but as she was spinning circles and jumping up and down, he said that he could understand why! She had to get three shots in her arms and one fingerprick which she did not like. Her latest favorite thing is her blankets and stuffed animals. Whenever I pick her up from the crib, she reaches down to get blankets and/or animals in each hand and then drags them around the house all day. She also loves saying "bye bye." I didn't realize how much I say it to her during the day, but now she says "bye bye" not only whenever we leave a store, but also whenever I flush the toilet, throw something away, close the refrigerator, close the pantry, etc. This afternoon she picked up my purse, said "bye bye" to me, and walked to the garage door. Then leaned her head around the corner, waved, and said "bye bye" again. I guess just to make sure I really knew she was outta there. She's a trip!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Birthday Girl!
Hard to believe it's been a whole year! It was just the four of us on Charlotte's actual birthday, but she was able to celebrate with my side of the family the week before in Utah and we will have her birthday party with all her friends this weekend. At her 12 month check-up she measured 29.5 inches long and weighed 18 lbs. 8.5 ounces. The doctor said she is still a little skinny for her height, but as she was spinning circles and jumping up and down, he said that he could understand why! She had to get three shots in her arms and one fingerprick which she did not like. Her latest favorite thing is her blankets and stuffed animals. Whenever I pick her up from the crib, she reaches down to get blankets and/or animals in each hand and then drags them around the house all day. She also loves saying "bye bye." I didn't realize how much I say it to her during the day, but now she says "bye bye" not only whenever we leave a store, but also whenever I flush the toilet, throw something away, close the refrigerator, close the pantry, etc. This afternoon she picked up my purse, said "bye bye" to me, and walked to the garage door. Then leaned her head around the corner, waved, and said "bye bye" again. I guess just to make sure I really knew she was outta there. She's a trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment